Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Belgium

Hey, are you going to be hanging around the Belgium area in early March? Pop along to the Brussels Book Fair, where I will be doing a panel type affair on all things noir and crime on 6th March, sitting alongside fellow Serie Noirian Antoine Chainas, among others. Other notable guests include Russell Banks and "Le Chat". Around that time Gallimard/Serie Noire will be publishing DES CLOPES ET DE LA BINOUSE (Fags and Lager, translated by Thierry Marignac), so everything is cool on the Continent. (Unless you are Marc Stevens, in which case things are very uncool.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm writing this little note from France. Sorry for my poor English. I'm realy looking forward to meet you. I've read Deadflok, given to me by Aurelien, and I've enjoyed it very much. A main caracter as I like it : cruel, brutal with this sharp humor that made me laugh many times. Aurelien should give me "clopes & binouze" before Bruxelles. I'm sure it's gonna be a great moment. See you there. Bye.
Antoine.

Charlie Williams said...

Antoine, thanks a lot for the comment, and your English is very good. I have your fine novel AIME-MOI, CASANOVA right here and I'm using it to improve my French. See you in Brussels!