Friday, January 31, 2014

A Cool Thing

Here is one of the very cool things I was going to tell you about. I was going to wait until it's a fait accompli before telling you, but I just can't. So I have waited until it is a fait semi-accompli. But it's one hell of a fait!

A DEADFOLK film is in pre-production.

You heard it right - a project is afoot to turn Royston Blake into an actual living thing... at least for 90 minutes or so. The project is already quite a ways into development. The screenplay is written (by me), Stuart St Paul to direct and Neil Chordia and Andrew Berg of Eclipse Films producing. Casting is underway. I know what you're thinking: who is going to play the big guy? Believe me, when I know, you'll know.

6 comments:

Mike said...

Amazing news! Congratulations... Much deserved!

dman4227 said...

Great for you…all the Mangrel books would make kick ass movies.

But…I was really hoping the good news was a new Mangrel novel…maybe in the future?

Charlie Williams said...

Thanks guys. Dman, I love the way you say Mangrel! I am pretty confident that there will be another one in the future. Hopefully another non-Mangel too

Karin M said...

Excellent news. Congrats!

h said...

I always imagined Ray Stevenson (the guy who played Titus Pullo in "Rome") for the role - might be too old now, though. Still, much younger than Clint...

Charlie Williams said...

Cheers h (from Steps?) We're holding out for Clint. Blake is anyway