Wednesday, September 09, 2009

The Beatles

I'd like to celebrate the money-grubbing re-release of the entire Beatles back catalogue by pointing out that they played in the Worcester Gaumont not once but TWICE, first supporting Roy Orbison and then headlining. Another act to play at the Gaumont was David Bowie, as Ziggy Stardust. Erm... Hey, I just thought of something! I've actually written a novel that features both Bowie AND the Gaumont! Isn't that a coincidence? Not only that, but the Beatles are mentioned, as is David Soul.

So, instead of shelling out your hard-earned for a cleaned-up version of something you've heard many times before, maybe you should invest in something new, original and "brilliant" (the Guardian)?

What? Me, plug my own work? What are you talking about? It's topical.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlie, thank you for pointing out that the Beatles were once the opening act for Roy Orbison. We love the mention. Send me your address and I'll send you a Roy Orbison CD for free! tanja@orbison.com

Charlie Williams said...

Hey, cheers. Did I mention that my novel also contains the word "orbisonian"?