Monday, May 17, 2010

The Lame Game

It fills me with pride when a book of mine elicits strong reactions. Case in point, this one star review of Fags and Lager someone has posted on Amazon after picking it up at a car boot sale for 33p. The disappointed bargain-hunter says, among other salient things: "Charlie Williams is as lame as the cripple that he very half-heartedly mocks". As a writer, I can really use that kind of feedback to my advantage. For example, next time I mock a cripple I'll be sure to put my all into it and hold nothing back. However, I do have to take the reviewer up on this bit:

"I found myself reading to myself in a strange voice"

When you say "strange voice", do you mean like in a seance, as if a spirit were talking through you? That can happen. I encoded secret incantations into the text which, when read, unleash the spirit of Kreed Kafer. BUT it only works if you pick up the book for less than 50p. Here is some footage of a man reading Fags and Lager after picking it up for 10p at an Oldham jumble sale.

If anyone reading this has read Fags and Lager, BTW, do feel free to post your thoughts on Amazon alongside that one. Good or bad, lame or able-bodied, strange voice or no, I don't care. But I would appreciate the feedback.

3 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

So, the French & the Americans get you but middle England doesn't? No place on Daily Mail Island for you then.

I can't post comments on Amazon. It's cos I is abroad. I think.

Charlie Williams said...

Imagine how Blakey would feel if he knew I was getting the credit for mocking a cripple.

Foreigners can't post on amazon.co.uk? I think that's since Cameron got in.

Blogger said...

Claim faucet bitcoins at Easy Bitcoin. 11 to 33 satoshis per 10 minutes.