Monday, February 21, 2005

They are the famous four


Many thanks to the FOUR stout fellows who joined my mailing list. Your email addresses will sit for all eternity in the patheon of stout fellows. But it's time to face facts: the list is not working.

Problems I have faced:


  1. No one joined.
  2. I can't think of anything to post about.
  3. I keep forgetting it's there.
  4. No one joined.
  5. There's a data duplication thing going on, since I can post news here and on the site.
  6. No one joined.
  7. No one joined.
  8. I can't remember my username/password to get into the thing anyway.
  9. No one joined.
  10. (Actually that's not true. I'm being unfair on the stout four. So...)
  11. Only FOUR PEOPLE joined.


There we go - eleven solid reasons to let it go. And so, with a heavy heart, and a tearful eye, I must break the news to you all that the mailing list is now defunct.

There - if you're not one of the Famous Four, you missed your chance. The chisels have been packed away, and there's no room left on the mountain.

2 comments:

Ray Banks said...

You mean to say that there were only FOUR PEOPLE IN THAT FAGS AND LAGER POLL? And I STILL didn't win?

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all...

Charlie Williams said...

4/1 is hardly short odds, Ray. And if it helps, you came second.

Be happy with your face carved in the granite cliffs of the Deblin Hills.