Wednesday, July 27, 2005

You play the guitar on the MTV

These days authors need to diversify if they want to survive, which means looking for other ways to make a buck. One way I found, being crafty, was to use my website to sell books through Amazon, thereby skimming off a nice chunk of commission. Well, I just got a quarterly statement from them and my total income for last quarter was 34p. This is great, because the previous quarter I only got 26p. That's a 30% increase, guys. SERIOUS performance. I'm off to celebrate with a packet of Doritos (if someone would just lend me 6p...)

2 comments:

Russel said...

Don't worry, Charlie, the money soon starts rolling in. I've made, ooo, £4.35 pence in the last year.

Only another five years or so before they give me it...

Charlie Williams said...

£4.35? That's excellent. You could buy a couple of bridies with that.